IAE Program Management Office
The Federal Government used disparate and de-centralized systems, processes, and tools for the acquisition of goods and services. The Integrated Award Environment (IAE) mission was to integrate, unify and streamline the federal acquisition, grants and loans processes in order to make them more cost-effective, competitive and transparent.
- Established Program Management Office (PMO) to manage operations.
- Collaborated with 24 CFO-reporting agencies to transform multiple stove-piped systems into a nine-system acquisition environment, providing back office services for the entire federal acquisition community and updating the framework for expanded service to include federal grants and loans while streamlining business processes.
- Provided project management; financial management; EVM reporting; budget support; systems architecture development; business analysis; capital planning and investment control; change management; communications and outreach support; information security support; quality assurance; and configuration management support.
- Completed business and technical alternative analysis for this $800 million IT program; created multiple high-level architectural alternatives mapped to the program’s strategic objectives, as well as a business model with program attributes such as cost, schedule and quality constraints.
- Performed analyses and reviews of IAE’s modules and government-wide guidance in compliance with statutory, regulatory, policy, and mandates
Created a true Acquisition Central — a single point where federal buyers and sellers could access information and support services. Designed with input from over 300 representatives from 65 agencies, IAE is under the governing auspices of OMB’s Office of Federal Procurement Policy and the Chief Acquisition Officers Council.
- Enabled the increased use of technology to perform shared business services.
- Reduced duplication, achieved economies of scale and leveraged federal investments.
- Targeted technical alternatives analysis including cloud hosting and service-oriented architecture cost/advantages; approach endorsed by OMB, GSA, and DoD.
- IAE Mission success resulted in these awards:
- Top 21 Excellence Gov. Award: Industry Advisory Council (IAC).
- Outstanding IT Achievement in Government: Government Computer News.
- Intergovernmental Solutions Award: Finalist.
- Commendations from GSA, OCIO and Deputy Director, IAE